December 18 - December 22| £1450
The Skills Academy – Server 2016 – Install, configure & Administer
The skills academy workshops offer a better way of learning by building the skills and confidence required to work in a real world IT environment. With a more time efficient and hands on approach to training, resulting in hundreds of satisfied students, businesses have benefited from improved IT productivity and a rapid return on investment. Places are limited to 6 per workshop guaranteeing each student an in depth level of support to maximise their development.
Server 2016 is the latest server operating system to be released by Microsoft for on premises server requirements. Server 2016 can also be found and utilised through Azure.
There are numerous new features available in Server 2016, many of which were born in the cloud and began in Azure. uilding on Server 2012 R2, Microsoft continues to improve their base server operating system with new features and improved functionality.
This training workshop will have you building a fully operational and “live” working network using the new Hyper V virtualisation platform available in Server 2016 & Windows 10. As always the training is real, hands on and intensive with the overall goal on improving skills & confidence.
- Installation, Upgrading & deployment of server 2016
- Introduction to Nano server
- Active directory – forests, trees, domains, sites, subnets, group policy
- Networking – DNS, DHCP, DirectAccess, VPN’s, IPAM
- Storage – Storage spaces, storage spaces direct, storage replicas, ISCSI
- storage, Data deduplication
- Clustering – Rolling cluster upgrades, cluster aware updating, scale out
- file server role, high availability
- HyperV – Using HV as a virtualisation platform,virtual tpm’s, hot add
- memory, networking, disks, nested virtualisation
- Containers – server and hyper v containers
- File sharing – Dynamic access control, DFS