- This event has passed.
August 14 - August 18
The Skills Academy – Cisco Networking
With an emphasis on understanding how networking works, this five-day Skills Academy workshop is perfect for those wishing to build their knowledge in this specialist subject. Covering networking fundamentals, LAN, WAN and wireless technologies, students will gain practical experience by building and troubleshooting their own network pod. Although this workshop is based on Cisco, the principles students learn can easily be applied to other vendor network environments.
Skills Academy workshops offer a better way of learning by building the skills and confidence required to work in a real world IT environment. With a more time efficient and ‘hands on’ approach to training, resulting in hundreds of satisfied students, businesses have benefited from improved IT productivity and a rapid return on investment. Places are limited to only six per workshop guaranteeing each student an in-depth level of support to maximise their development.
Covering networking fundamentals, LAN, WAN and wireless technologies.
- OSI model and fundamentals
- TCP and UDP Communication – Understanding Port Numbers
- IP protocols – DHCP, DNS, Telnet, SSH, FTP, TFTP, SFTP, SMTP, POP3, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS
- TCP and IP packet analysis
- Understanding and using IP v4 addressing and subnet masks
- Understanding classful and classless addressing
- Using Private and Public IP Addressing
- Understanding and deploying IP subnetting
- Designing and creating Wireless networks
- Understanding and using VLANs, trunks and VTP
- Understanding and using the Spanning Tree Protocol
- Configuring Static vs. Dynamic Routes
- Configuring Interior vs. Exterior Gateway Protocols
- Distance-Vector, Link State, Hybrid with labs on RIPv1, RIPv2, OSPF and EIGRP
- Understanding and configuring a layer 2 and layer 3 network environments
- Overview of Exterior Gateway Protocols including BGP
- Route Summarization and Auto-Summarization
- Frame Relay and VPNs – Virtual Circuits, LMI, DLCI & inverse ARP
- Understanding and configuring access lists
- Understanding IPv6 – IPv4 Interoperation
- Overview of IPv6
- 5-Day ‘Hands on’ Workshop Delivered in a real working environment
- Places limited to only 6 students per workshop